Seen this book yet?
It's a delightful read, though you won't agree with everything in it. The "legends" the author refers to include:
- Jesus was a carpenter
- All giving must be done in secret
- Hell referred to as a garbage dump near Jerusalem
- Repent means "to change your mind"
- Paul was a tentmaker
- The gospel is dynamite
- Money is evil
- A pastor's children must be saved
- Christians must be commanded to tithe
This last one doesn't surprise me. The author has published quite a lot on the subject of tithing!