This coming Monday my Greek 2 students will have their second of three exams. Then we'll have only 5 more lessons to cover. That said, here are 6 tips to help you survive (and even thrive) until the end of the semester:
1. It's not about perfection. It's about persistence. You need a plan, and you need to follow that plan.
2. Don't get discouraged by setbacks. Just get reorganized, rededicated, and back on track.
3. Practice resilience. Allow yourself to bend but not break. Greek is tough, so you have to be tougher.
4. Dream big. Think long-term. If your dream is to read your Greek New Testament, I can get you there. So dream on.
5. Harness the power that the Holy Spirit provides. It's the Spirit who can give you the characteristics central to success: discipline, determination, goal-setting, time management, life balance, and understanding how small steps eventually lead to great achievements.
6. Don't catastrophize. We too often despair when we hit ruts in our studies. Don't panic. You didn't lose your best friend or learn you had cancer. There's still time to recover and finish strong.
Love you and praying for you!