Want to see what "discipling" looks like? Look no further than this YouTube of the great Alex Honnold as he leads another, less-experienced climber up a rock face.
Notice the characteristics of discipling:
- Alex leads him by example.
- He constantly encourages him.
- He is always by his side.
- He knows just what to say and when to say it.
- He doesn't ask him to do anything he hasn't already done himself.
What if you spent your entire life achieving and never shared your wisdom with someone else? Alex loves his sport, but I get the sense that he also loves seeing others succeed at it too. Great lessons here on mentoring/discipling/coaching. But be forewarned: it's a nailbiter!